On his last Booth feature, a promo single released back in August of 2013, Ayatollah shared his eminently sensible reason for choosing a career behind the boards: “I Just Love Music.” His strong affection for rhythm, melody and harmony, however, doesn’t mean that he hasn’t got room in his heart for the right woman. Brand new LP single The Love finds him serving up a blissfully mellow, soul-sampled beat as a pair of talented emcees explore the intricacies of romantic life. Wu Tang veteran Inspectah Deck emphasizes the work he’s been putting in to make his S.O. comfortable on the opening verse. Jersey-repping reader fave Silent Knight takes over on the record’s final two-thirds, rhyming about his and his girl’s penchant for working out their differences in the bedroom. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the April 14, release of Ayatollah’s next full-length, Be Real Black for Me.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Wig Out" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.