On his last Booth feature, a promo single released back in August of 2013, Ayatollah shared his eminently sensible reason for choosing a career behind the boards: “I Just Love Music.” His strong affection for rhythm, melody and harmony, however, doesn’t mean that he hasn’t got room in his heart for the right woman. Brand new LP single The Love finds him serving up a blissfully mellow, soul-sampled beat as a pair of talented emcees explore the intricacies of romantic life. Wu Tang veteran Inspectah Deck emphasizes the work he’s been putting in to make his S.O. comfortable on the opening verse. Jersey-repping reader fave Silent Knight takes over on the record’s final two-thirds, rhyming about his and his girl’s penchant for working out their differences in the bedroom. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the April 14, release of Ayatollah’s next full-length, Be Real Black for Me.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Wig Out" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.