On his last Booth feature, a promo single released back in August of 2013, Ayatollah shared his eminently sensible reason for choosing a career behind the boards: “I Just Love Music.” His strong affection for rhythm, melody and harmony, however, doesn’t mean that he hasn’t got room in his heart for the right woman. Brand new LP single The Love finds him serving up a blissfully mellow, soul-sampled beat as a pair of talented emcees explore the intricacies of romantic life. Wu Tang veteran Inspectah Deck emphasizes the work he’s been putting in to make his S.O. comfortable on the opening verse. Jersey-repping reader fave Silent Knight takes over on the record’s final two-thirds, rhyming about his and his girl’s penchant for working out their differences in the bedroom. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the April 14, release of Ayatollah’s next full-length, Be Real Black for Me.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Wig Out" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.