Now that Spring Break is officially over and I’m sweeping the shattered hopes of my March Madness bracket under the rug (damn you Kansas!), I was hoping that my musical inbox today would be able to ease the pain of going back to school. Thankfully I found the cure for my troubles with Ayatollah Jaxx and his first DJBooth feature Nothing Like I’ve Ever Heard. Lyrical heads will likely be impressed by the young Pennsylvanian emcee, who shows how his determination and drive for greatness via the mic, creatively comparing his game to finely aging shrimp & fried rice (hungry?). Backed by an upbeat, um, beat from producer Chim Beatz, Jaxx manages to weave his through the celebratory, old school production with a nearly effortless flow. If you want to hear more music like you’ve never heard before, be sure to check out Ayatollah’s latest album, Hello, Hip Hop, out now. School is back in session, and it sounds pretty good.
Written by Sigurd on 03/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Wanna Know" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.