In a tragic case of life imitating art imitating life, the nationwide theatrical premiere of Biggie biopic Notorious was tarnished by a series of shootings and stabbings (one involving Young Jeezy‘s CTE crew) at or following screenings of the film. On the latest single off Booth-hosted, for-charity studio album World View, AWKWORD uses these incidents as jumping-off point for a critique of violence in hip-hop and broader society, courtesy of himself, Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze and Capital X. Australian producer Amin PaYnE handles production duties, re-flipping Duran Duran’s original Notorious sample as well as cutting on some classic Biggie lines on the back. AWK’s long-awaited full-length still lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.