In a tragic case of life imitating art imitating life, the nationwide theatrical premiere of Biggie biopic Notorious was tarnished by a series of shootings and stabbings (one involving Young Jeezy‘s CTE crew) at or following screenings of the film. On the latest single off Booth-hosted, for-charity studio album World View, AWKWORD uses these incidents as jumping-off point for a critique of violence in hip-hop and broader society, courtesy of himself, Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze and Capital X. Australian producer Amin PaYnE handles production duties, re-flipping Duran Duran’s original Notorious sample as well as cutting on some classic Biggie lines on the back. AWK’s long-awaited full-length still lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.