In a tragic case of life imitating art imitating life, the nationwide theatrical premiere of Biggie biopic Notorious was tarnished by a series of shootings and stabbings (one involving Young Jeezy‘s CTE crew) at or following screenings of the film. On the latest single off Booth-hosted, for-charity studio album World View, AWKWORD uses these incidents as jumping-off point for a critique of violence in hip-hop and broader society, courtesy of himself, Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze and Capital X. Australian producer Amin PaYnE handles production duties, re-flipping Duran Duran’s original Notorious sample as well as cutting on some classic Biggie lines on the back. AWK’s long-awaited full-length still lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.