In a tragic case of life imitating art imitating life, the nationwide theatrical premiere of Biggie biopic Notorious was tarnished by a series of shootings and stabbings (one involving Young Jeezy‘s CTE crew) at or following screenings of the film. On the latest single off Booth-hosted, for-charity studio album World View, AWKWORD uses these incidents as jumping-off point for a critique of violence in hip-hop and broader society, courtesy of himself, Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze and Capital X. Australian producer Amin PaYnE handles production duties, re-flipping Duran Duran’s original Notorious sample as well as cutting on some classic Biggie lines on the back. AWK’s long-awaited full-length still lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)