In a tragic case of life imitating art imitating life, the nationwide theatrical premiere of Biggie biopic Notorious was tarnished by a series of shootings and stabbings (one involving Young Jeezy‘s CTE crew) at or following screenings of the film. On the latest single off Booth-hosted, for-charity studio album World View, AWKWORD uses these incidents as jumping-off point for a critique of violence in hip-hop and broader society, courtesy of himself, Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze and Capital X. Australian producer Amin PaYnE handles production duties, re-flipping Duran Duran’s original Notorious sample as well as cutting on some classic Biggie lines on the back. AWK’s long-awaited full-length still lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.