No matter the strife and struggle life throws his way (and there’s been quite a bit), AWKWORD never stops moving toward his goals. As the NYC underground mainstay puts it on his latest single, “I keep it on the Go!” Domingo‘s production, featuring vibrant string/brass samples and a driving breakbeat, stands in stark contrast to the litany of misfortunes that lead off AWK’s opening verse, from his mother’s passing to a recent breakup with his girl, but he comes around to cautious optimism by the time Maya Azucena‘s hook rolls around. Atmosphere frontman Slug and Slaughterhouse member Joell Ortiz lend their flows to the record’s latter two-thirds. For this motivational jam, the previously-featured Throw Away the Key (No More Prisons) and much more on the AWKWORD’s for-charity World View project, which still lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.