No matter the strife and struggle life throws his way (and there’s been quite a bit), AWKWORD never stops moving toward his goals. As the NYC underground mainstay puts it on his latest single, “I keep it on the Go!” Domingo‘s production, featuring vibrant string/brass samples and a driving breakbeat, stands in stark contrast to the litany of misfortunes that lead off AWK’s opening verse, from his mother’s passing to a recent breakup with his girl, but he comes around to cautious optimism by the time Maya Azucena‘s hook rolls around. Atmosphere frontman Slug and Slaughterhouse member Joell Ortiz lend their flows to the record’s latter two-thirds. For this motivational jam, the previously-featured Throw Away the Key (No More Prisons) and much more on the AWKWORD’s for-charity World View project, which still lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
NYC rhymesayer AWKWORD has come together with The DJBooth and The Morgan Stanley Foundation to bring listeners his long awaited studio album, World View. Five years in the making, the LP has been described by the artist as...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.