No matter the strife and struggle life throws his way (and there’s been quite a bit), AWKWORD never stops moving toward his goals. As the NYC underground mainstay puts it on his latest single, “I keep it on the Go!” Domingo‘s production, featuring vibrant string/brass samples and a driving breakbeat, stands in stark contrast to the litany of misfortunes that lead off AWK’s opening verse, from his mother’s passing to a recent breakup with his girl, but he comes around to cautious optimism by the time Maya Azucena‘s hook rolls around. Atmosphere frontman Slug and Slaughterhouse member Joell Ortiz lend their flows to the record’s latter two-thirds. For this motivational jam, the previously-featured Throw Away the Key (No More Prisons) and much more on the AWKWORD’s for-charity World View project, which still lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.