No matter the strife and struggle life throws his way (and there’s been quite a bit), AWKWORD never stops moving toward his goals. As the NYC underground mainstay puts it on his latest single, “I keep it on the Go!” Domingo‘s production, featuring vibrant string/brass samples and a driving breakbeat, stands in stark contrast to the litany of misfortunes that lead off AWK’s opening verse, from his mother’s passing to a recent breakup with his girl, but he comes around to cautious optimism by the time Maya Azucena‘s hook rolls around. Atmosphere frontman Slug and Slaughterhouse member Joell Ortiz lend their flows to the record’s latter two-thirds. For this motivational jam, the previously-featured Throw Away the Key (No More Prisons) and much more on the AWKWORD’s for-charity World View project, which still lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.