No matter the strife and struggle life throws his way (and there’s been quite a bit), AWKWORD never stops moving toward his goals. As the NYC underground mainstay puts it on his latest single, “I keep it on the Go!” Domingo‘s production, featuring vibrant string/brass samples and a driving breakbeat, stands in stark contrast to the litany of misfortunes that lead off AWK’s opening verse, from his mother’s passing to a recent breakup with his girl, but he comes around to cautious optimism by the time Maya Azucena‘s hook rolls around. Atmosphere frontman Slug and Slaughterhouse member Joell Ortiz lend their flows to the record’s latter two-thirds. For this motivational jam, the previously-featured Throw Away the Key (No More Prisons) and much more on the AWKWORD’s for-charity World View project, which still lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doctor Doctor" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)