Still sleeping on AWAR, after more than a dozen reader-acclaimed solo features from the NYC native? Then I advise you to get checked out by a neurologist, because you may be in a coma. New single Wake Up Call is unlikely to rouse someone from a persistent vegetative state, but listeners who are conscious will undoubtedly appreciate the hard-hitting bars AWAR unleashes over Vanderslice‘s sampled production, which comes complete with an adrenaline-pumping double-time hook. Fellow independent mic-murderer Freddie Gibbs showcases his masterful flows in a similarly aggressive guest 16. Fans will be able to find Wake Up Call, the previously-featured Cadillac Grills and much more on AWAR’s The Winning Team LP, out now.
Update: We have added the Golly Gee Visuals-directed visuals for AWAR’s Wake Up Call single.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
When a high-caliber NYC rhymesayer like AWAR and a buzzworthy producer such as Vanderslice join forces, their combined powers should leave the competition shaking in its boots. So it's only appropriate that, on their first...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.