Still sleeping on AWAR, after more than a dozen reader-acclaimed solo features from the NYC native? Then I advise you to get checked out by a neurologist, because you may be in a coma. New single Wake Up Call is unlikely to rouse someone from a persistent vegetative state, but listeners who are conscious will undoubtedly appreciate the hard-hitting bars AWAR unleashes over Vanderslice‘s sampled production, which comes complete with an adrenaline-pumping double-time hook. Fellow independent mic-murderer Freddie Gibbs showcases his masterful flows in a similarly aggressive guest 16. Fans will be able to find Wake Up Call, the previously-featured Cadillac Grills and much more on AWAR’s The Winning Team LP, out now.
Update: We have added the Golly Gee Visuals-directed visuals for AWAR’s Wake Up Call single.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.