We’ve all heard that the “apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” But what grows from those seeds once that apple’s gone rotten? For The DJBooth’s latest world premiere, we drop off Rotten Apple, an offering from fearless NY emcee AWAR. Painting a grim picture of the Big Apple’s darker side, AWAR tells of a city teeming with corruption and violence, while also proclaiming he’s on a mission to bring “that feeling back to” when New York wore the crown. Produced by Jaisu, Rotten Apple is a percussive-driven track with lingering synths, resulting in a melancholy sound that mixes with AWAR’s serious lyrics, ultimately providing us with a dopely sobering track. Those eager to take a bite from the rotten apple (figuratively speaking) can be sure to cop DJBooth, Puma and Villa‘s exclusive The Come Up mixtape, featuring more artists on the rise like AWAR, due out Tuesday, December 18. And if you like what you’re hearing, you can also download AWAR Laws of Nature album right here.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/17/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.