We’ve all heard that the “apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” But what grows from those seeds once that apple’s gone rotten? For The DJBooth’s latest world premiere, we drop off Rotten Apple, an offering from fearless NY emcee AWAR. Painting a grim picture of the Big Apple’s darker side, AWAR tells of a city teeming with corruption and violence, while also proclaiming he’s on a mission to bring “that feeling back to” when New York wore the crown. Produced by Jaisu, Rotten Apple is a percussive-driven track with lingering synths, resulting in a melancholy sound that mixes with AWAR’s serious lyrics, ultimately providing us with a dopely sobering track. Those eager to take a bite from the rotten apple (figuratively speaking) can be sure to cop DJBooth, Puma and Villa‘s exclusive The Come Up mixtape, featuring more artists on the rise like AWAR, due out Tuesday, December 18. And if you like what you’re hearing, you can also download AWAR Laws of Nature album right here.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.