We’ve all heard that the “apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” But what grows from those seeds once that apple’s gone rotten? For The DJBooth’s latest world premiere, we drop off Rotten Apple, an offering from fearless NY emcee AWAR. Painting a grim picture of the Big Apple’s darker side, AWAR tells of a city teeming with corruption and violence, while also proclaiming he’s on a mission to bring “that feeling back to” when New York wore the crown. Produced by Jaisu, Rotten Apple is a percussive-driven track with lingering synths, resulting in a melancholy sound that mixes with AWAR’s serious lyrics, ultimately providing us with a dopely sobering track. Those eager to take a bite from the rotten apple (figuratively speaking) can be sure to cop DJBooth, Puma and Villa‘s exclusive The Come Up mixtape, featuring more artists on the rise like AWAR, due out Tuesday, December 18. And if you like what you’re hearing, you can also download AWAR Laws of Nature album right here.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.