Earlier this month, AWAR and fellow NYC buzzmaker Troy Ave linked up to show off their rides on the reader-approved Cadillac Grills. For the follow-up single, he switches focus from the material to the spiritual. On Reincarnation, the unsigned rhymesayer draws a sharp line between the old him—deceitful, quick to anger, obsessed with staying fly—and the new, improved version. Trox provides a fitting backdrop for a lyrical epiphany, basing his beat around an uplifting gospel sample. The Winning Team is slated to drop at a yet-unspecified date in July. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.