On his last feature, a non-album promo single featuring fellow Northeastern buzzmaker Has-Lo, AWAR let listeners know just how great it feels to be part of The Winning Team. Of course, it’s not just the thrill of victory and the fun of lording it over the competition that motivates his hustle—on a more profound tip, he’s driven to Keep Risin’ by a deep sense of obligation to his friends and family, as well as an ironclad devotion to his craft. The latest single off Booth-hosted street album The Laws of Nature should give you an inkling of just how serious the pursuit of rap superstardom is for the NYC native. Backed by Nottz’ Chipmunk samples and urgent keyboard loops, the emcee expresses his determination to make it to the apex of the industry or die trying. If you’re feeling this ambitious banger, why not support AWAR’s grind by copping his latest street album, released in July and available now for streaming and digital purchase?
Written by richard on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.