On his last feature, a non-album promo single featuring fellow Northeastern buzzmaker Has-Lo, AWAR let listeners know just how great it feels to be part of The Winning Team. Of course, it’s not just the thrill of victory and the fun of lording it over the competition that motivates his hustle—on a more profound tip, he’s driven to Keep Risin’ by a deep sense of obligation to his friends and family, as well as an ironclad devotion to his craft. The latest single off Booth-hosted street album The Laws of Nature should give you an inkling of just how serious the pursuit of rap superstardom is for the NYC native. Backed by Nottz’ Chipmunk samples and urgent keyboard loops, the emcee expresses his determination to make it to the apex of the industry or die trying. If you’re feeling this ambitious banger, why not support AWAR’s grind by copping his latest street album, released in July and available now for streaming and digital purchase?
Written by richard on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.