It’s tough to find time for REM sleep when you’re working your nine-to-five by day and rocking microphones by night, so AWAR‘s mastered the art of Dreamin while aware. On a freshly-minted single off his latest street album, the NYC rhymesayer offers a hustler’s-eye view of the daily grind, charting his path to hip-hop supremacy over a lush, Chipmunk-sampled instrumental by Aussie beatsmith M-Phazes. Booth newcomer Antonio McClendon assists on the guest tip. Fans can find this record, as well as previously-featured singles Elephant Gun, Can’t Walk Away and Until the End, on AWAR’s The Laws of Nature LP, released August 7, and available for full streaming/digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.