It’s tough to find time for REM sleep when you’re working your nine-to-five by day and rocking microphones by night, so AWAR‘s mastered the art of Dreamin while aware. On a freshly-minted single off his latest street album, the NYC rhymesayer offers a hustler’s-eye view of the daily grind, charting his path to hip-hop supremacy over a lush, Chipmunk-sampled instrumental by Aussie beatsmith M-Phazes. Booth newcomer Antonio McClendon assists on the guest tip. Fans can find this record, as well as previously-featured singles Elephant Gun, Can’t Walk Away and Until the End, on AWAR’s The Laws of Nature LP, released August 7, and available for full streaming/digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.