It’s tough to find time for REM sleep when you’re working your nine-to-five by day and rocking microphones by night, so AWAR‘s mastered the art of Dreamin while aware. On a freshly-minted single off his latest street album, the NYC rhymesayer offers a hustler’s-eye view of the daily grind, charting his path to hip-hop supremacy over a lush, Chipmunk-sampled instrumental by Aussie beatsmith M-Phazes. Booth newcomer Antonio McClendon assists on the guest tip. Fans can find this record, as well as previously-featured singles Elephant Gun, Can’t Walk Away and Until the End, on AWAR’s The Laws of Nature LP, released August 7, and available for full streaming/digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.