It’s tough to find time for REM sleep when you’re working your nine-to-five by day and rocking microphones by night, so AWAR‘s mastered the art of Dreamin while aware. On a freshly-minted single off his latest street album, the NYC rhymesayer offers a hustler’s-eye view of the daily grind, charting his path to hip-hop supremacy over a lush, Chipmunk-sampled instrumental by Aussie beatsmith M-Phazes. Booth newcomer Antonio McClendon assists on the guest tip. Fans can find this record, as well as previously-featured singles Elephant Gun, Can’t Walk Away and Until the End, on AWAR’s The Laws of Nature LP, released August 7, and available for full streaming/digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.