It’s tough to find time for REM sleep when you’re working your nine-to-five by day and rocking microphones by night, so AWAR‘s mastered the art of Dreamin while aware. On a freshly-minted single off his latest street album, the NYC rhymesayer offers a hustler’s-eye view of the daily grind, charting his path to hip-hop supremacy over a lush, Chipmunk-sampled instrumental by Aussie beatsmith M-Phazes. Booth newcomer Antonio McClendon assists on the guest tip. Fans can find this record, as well as previously-featured singles Elephant Gun, Can’t Walk Away and Until the End, on AWAR’s The Laws of Nature LP, released August 7, and available for full streaming/digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.