While AWAR‘s next project finds him working exclusively with a single beatsmith, its sound and style are shaping up to be anything but monotonous. The freshly-released Broad Daylight is as different from previous singles Cadillac Grills and Reincarnation as those joints were from each other. This time around, Vanderslice channels a little 1990s boom-bap, flipping dissonant brass and keyboard samples as AWAR and fellow Empire State buzzmaker Roc Marciano deliver bars that recall the fragmentary crime narratives of Raekwon or Ghostface. The Winning Team is slated to drop in July. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest snigles.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
When a high-caliber NYC rhymesayer like AWAR and a buzzworthy producer such as Vanderslice join forces, their combined powers should leave the competition shaking in its boots. So it's only appropriate that, on their first...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.