While AWAR‘s next project finds him working exclusively with a single beatsmith, its sound and style are shaping up to be anything but monotonous. The freshly-released Broad Daylight is as different from previous singles Cadillac Grills and Reincarnation as those joints were from each other. This time around, Vanderslice channels a little 1990s boom-bap, flipping dissonant brass and keyboard samples as AWAR and fellow Empire State buzzmaker Roc Marciano deliver bars that recall the fragmentary crime narratives of Raekwon or Ghostface. The Winning Team is slated to drop in July. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest snigles.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.