While AWAR‘s next project finds him working exclusively with a single beatsmith, its sound and style are shaping up to be anything but monotonous. The freshly-released Broad Daylight is as different from previous singles Cadillac Grills and Reincarnation as those joints were from each other. This time around, Vanderslice channels a little 1990s boom-bap, flipping dissonant brass and keyboard samples as AWAR and fellow Empire State buzzmaker Roc Marciano deliver bars that recall the fragmentary crime narratives of Raekwon or Ghostface. The Winning Team is slated to drop in July. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest snigles.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)