While AWAR‘s next project finds him working exclusively with a single beatsmith, its sound and style are shaping up to be anything but monotonous. The freshly-released Broad Daylight is as different from previous singles Cadillac Grills and Reincarnation as those joints were from each other. This time around, Vanderslice channels a little 1990s boom-bap, flipping dissonant brass and keyboard samples as AWAR and fellow Empire State buzzmaker Roc Marciano deliver bars that recall the fragmentary crime narratives of Raekwon or Ghostface. The Winning Team is slated to drop in July. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest snigles.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.