It has been more than three years since Avriel Epps made her last Booth appearance with Be Cool. While I was mad that she was holding out on us, I couldn’t stay that way for long, because her new single, Paranormal Paradigm, is well worth the wait. Featuring a soft, airy beat by Andrew Thomas Reid, Hasan Insane and Napo, along with a silky and understated, yet overwhelmingly effective vocal performance from the leading lady, this song has all the elements of an R&B love song… except for the content. Her lyrics go much deeper than your typical ballad. She sings about the faults of our generation and the role of the media in our shortcomings, demonstrating that she is deep in both style and substance. There’s been no word on any forthcoming project from Ms. Epps, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.