It has been more than three years since Avriel Epps made her last Booth appearance with Be Cool. While I was mad that she was holding out on us, I couldn’t stay that way for long, because her new single, Paranormal Paradigm, is well worth the wait. Featuring a soft, airy beat by Andrew Thomas Reid, Hasan Insane and Napo, along with a silky and understated, yet overwhelmingly effective vocal performance from the leading lady, this song has all the elements of an R&B love song… except for the content. Her lyrics go much deeper than your typical ballad. She sings about the faults of our generation and the role of the media in our shortcomings, demonstrating that she is deep in both style and substance. There’s been no word on any forthcoming project from Ms. Epps, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.