It has been more than three years since Avriel Epps made her last Booth appearance with Be Cool. While I was mad that she was holding out on us, I couldn’t stay that way for long, because her new single, Paranormal Paradigm, is well worth the wait. Featuring a soft, airy beat by Andrew Thomas Reid, Hasan Insane and Napo, along with a silky and understated, yet overwhelmingly effective vocal performance from the leading lady, this song has all the elements of an R&B love song… except for the content. Her lyrics go much deeper than your typical ballad. She sings about the faults of our generation and the role of the media in our shortcomings, demonstrating that she is deep in both style and substance. There’s been no word on any forthcoming project from Ms. Epps, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.