Forget dreams or when you’re intoxicated. Even in reality, it’s tough to determine what’s real or not. With irony, fakers, and selfishness spreading like wildfire, can you blame Los Angeles singer King Avriel (yup, King, not Queen) for spilling her emotions about falling in love with some Caricatures? The latest single from the indie alt-R&B artist, who is always looking to add layers to her music and lyrics, is a hectic yet soothing record co-produced by Fox & The Mule and the King herself. Maybe she’s not the type to go for the “bad” kind of guy, but her mind has already painted a picture of what she thinks she wants so she can’t help but go back. Her lyrics warn against trying to become close to someone by continually comparing that relationship to what is portrayed by the news and popular media. This is far from your typical love song. Caricatures will find a home on her upcoming album, which has yet to be named or scheduled on a calender.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.