Forget dreams or when you’re intoxicated. Even in reality, it’s tough to determine what’s real or not. With irony, fakers, and selfishness spreading like wildfire, can you blame Los Angeles singer King Avriel (yup, King, not Queen) for spilling her emotions about falling in love with some Caricatures? The latest single from the indie alt-R&B artist, who is always looking to add layers to her music and lyrics, is a hectic yet soothing record co-produced by Fox & The Mule and the King herself. Maybe she’s not the type to go for the “bad” kind of guy, but her mind has already painted a picture of what she thinks she wants so she can’t help but go back. Her lyrics warn against trying to become close to someone by continually comparing that relationship to what is portrayed by the news and popular media. This is far from your typical love song. Caricatures will find a home on her upcoming album, which has yet to be named or scheduled on a calender.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.