Forget dreams or when you’re intoxicated. Even in reality, it’s tough to determine what’s real or not. With irony, fakers, and selfishness spreading like wildfire, can you blame Los Angeles singer King Avriel (yup, King, not Queen) for spilling her emotions about falling in love with some Caricatures? The latest single from the indie alt-R&B artist, who is always looking to add layers to her music and lyrics, is a hectic yet soothing record co-produced by Fox & The Mule and the King herself. Maybe she’s not the type to go for the “bad” kind of guy, but her mind has already painted a picture of what she thinks she wants so she can’t help but go back. Her lyrics warn against trying to become close to someone by continually comparing that relationship to what is portrayed by the news and popular media. This is far from your typical love song. Caricatures will find a home on her upcoming album, which has yet to be named or scheduled on a calender.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Since King avriel burst onto the scene early this year, heads have been captivated by the Los Angeles-born singer/songwriter's talent for mixing powerful emotion with the razor-sharp analysis of a cultural studies scholar. So...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.