Forget dreams or when you’re intoxicated. Even in reality, it’s tough to determine what’s real or not. With irony, fakers, and selfishness spreading like wildfire, can you blame Los Angeles singer King Avriel (yup, King, not Queen) for spilling her emotions about falling in love with some Caricatures? The latest single from the indie alt-R&B artist, who is always looking to add layers to her music and lyrics, is a hectic yet soothing record co-produced by Fox & The Mule and the King herself. Maybe she’s not the type to go for the “bad” kind of guy, but her mind has already painted a picture of what she thinks she wants so she can’t help but go back. Her lyrics warn against trying to become close to someone by continually comparing that relationship to what is portrayed by the news and popular media. This is far from your typical love song. Caricatures will find a home on her upcoming album, which has yet to be named or scheduled on a calender.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.