Forget dreams or when you’re intoxicated. Even in reality, it’s tough to determine what’s real or not. With irony, fakers, and selfishness spreading like wildfire, can you blame Los Angeles singer King Avriel (yup, King, not Queen) for spilling her emotions about falling in love with some Caricatures? The latest single from the indie alt-R&B artist, who is always looking to add layers to her music and lyrics, is a hectic yet soothing record co-produced by Fox & The Mule and the King herself. Maybe she’s not the type to go for the “bad” kind of guy, but her mind has already painted a picture of what she thinks she wants so she can’t help but go back. Her lyrics warn against trying to become close to someone by continually comparing that relationship to what is portrayed by the news and popular media. This is far from your typical love song. Caricatures will find a home on her upcoming album, which has yet to be named or scheduled on a calender.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.