Do you like being asked rhetorical questions ? Of course you do – and, since that’s the case, you’ll doubtless enjoy Tell Me Why, the first Booth feature from up-and-coming emcee Aviator. On this cut, the lead single off the artist’s latest street album, producer Mux Mool serves up an intriguingly off-kilter, rock-influenced instrumental (complete with some fresh vocoder usage and enough cowbell to satisfy even Christopher Walken) as the Bostonian rapper bombards listeners with queries on the topic of his own greatness (expressing them as imperatives, if you want to split hairs). For those slow on the uptake, he offers an all-encompassing answer: “Imma really tell you why, young brother: I’m the one.” This Northeasterner’s wordplay and vocab are most definitely on point, but is his out-of-this-world confidence justified? No, really, I want you to respond to that one. Those who like what they’re hearing should check out Aviator’s new Thank You, Come Again mixtape, released last week and available now for free download from the artist’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 03/22/10
Submit your Rating
Base Trip Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Nick Back (Freestyle)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)