Any ‘90s babies in the house? Who am I kidding – of course there are. On new freestyle Bring Nick Back, Tell Me Why emcee Aviator steps up to the mic to wax nostalgic about everything that made the final decade of the 20th Century great, from bad haircuts and trendy toys to pretty much everything on television – even the commercials. As a member of the Nickelodeon generation myself, I’d be lying if I said I couldn’t relate to the litany of fads and pop-culture phenomena the artist name-drops over Afta-1‘s chilled-out boardwork (originally from an instrumental entitled The Facts), but I do have to dock him an imaginary point or two for leaving out my favorite part of the decade: where’s the love for Pogs? That omission, however, is a small flaw in an undeniably dope freestyle. If you’re digging this musical trip down Memory Lane, you can hear plenty more fresh new material on Aviator’s new Thank You Come Again street album, released March 16, and available now online.
Written by richard on 04/1/10
Submit your Rating
Base Trip Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me Why" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.