Any ‘90s babies in the house? Who am I kidding – of course there are. On new freestyle Bring Nick Back, Tell Me Why emcee Aviator steps up to the mic to wax nostalgic about everything that made the final decade of the 20th Century great, from bad haircuts and trendy toys to pretty much everything on television – even the commercials. As a member of the Nickelodeon generation myself, I’d be lying if I said I couldn’t relate to the litany of fads and pop-culture phenomena the artist name-drops over Afta-1‘s chilled-out boardwork (originally from an instrumental entitled The Facts), but I do have to dock him an imaginary point or two for leaving out my favorite part of the decade: where’s the love for Pogs? That omission, however, is a small flaw in an undeniably dope freestyle. If you’re digging this musical trip down Memory Lane, you can hear plenty more fresh new material on Aviator’s new Thank You Come Again street album, released March 16, and available now online.
Listen to More: Aviator Written by richard
Base Trip Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me Why" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.