Any ‘90s babies in the house? Who am I kidding – of course there are. On new freestyle Bring Nick Back, Tell Me Why emcee Aviator steps up to the mic to wax nostalgic about everything that made the final decade of the 20th Century great, from bad haircuts and trendy toys to pretty much everything on television – even the commercials. As a member of the Nickelodeon generation myself, I’d be lying if I said I couldn’t relate to the litany of fads and pop-culture phenomena the artist name-drops over Afta-1‘s chilled-out boardwork (originally from an instrumental entitled The Facts), but I do have to dock him an imaginary point or two for leaving out my favorite part of the decade: where’s the love for Pogs? That omission, however, is a small flaw in an undeniably dope freestyle. If you’re digging this musical trip down Memory Lane, you can hear plenty more fresh new material on Aviator’s new Thank You Come Again street album, released March 16, and available now online.
Listen to More: Aviator
Written by richard on 04/1/10
Submit your Rating
Base Trip Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me Why" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.