It’s not often that you come across a R&B record that’s inspired by the soundtrack to a Ryan Gosling flick. With that being said Kavinsky’s popular Nightcall must be doubly special since it has served as inspiration for two different crooners, first Novel and now former Universal Motown artist Avery Storm. Storm adds his own unique flip to Kavinsky’s Nightcall, which is a part of the singer’s newly-introduced and untitled visual covers series. While the original version of Nightcall is quite heavy on the 80’s nostalgia Storm keeps the record in 2012, with his silky vocals that are nothing short of modern. Adding to the newfangled feel of the NJ native’s cover is the visual for Nightcall, which consists of various shots of a glowing nightscape and Storm belting out his vocals while behind the wheel. If the singer’s latest cover has you hoping for new, original tunes from Storm then lookout for his forthcoming EP when it’s released this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
Stupid Robot/Blast Off
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.