Here’s a hypothetical situation: you’ve been fiending for some new R&B music but don’t feel the need to listen to a track about texting with emoticons. Let’s also say you’re trying to find an artist that’s about to blow up like Mr. West at an awards show. Well then, not so hypothetically, I’d like to point you in the direction of Avery Storm. His new single, My Lady, has Storm illustrating his own affection for a woman in gripping prose. The piano-laced production supplied by Nefu compliments the Jersey native, who shows his complete vocal range in describing how “no other girl can hold [his] heart.” Storm’s recently released and aptly titled mixtape, Category 5, presented in affiliation with DJ Green Lantern and Scram Jones, is out now (did I forget to mention it was free? And dope?). We can only hope this will be the first step in a long career from this promising artist. Stay tuned to DJBooth.net for all the latest on Storm’s 2010 debut, Shotgun Love.
Written by Sigurd on 10/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.