Fans of the distinctly voiced Avery Storm have been waiting for his new upcoming album Shotgun Love, but although we heard the album’s lead single Not Like My Girl in April, and it’s second offering Supermodel in July, Shotgun appears no closer to a solid release date. What’s the hold-up? Perhaps Avery’s waiting for a record to truly take off. If so, my money’s on new prospective single Leader of the Band becoming that record. On the production side beatsmith Nefu crafts an instantly engaging, clapping beat with just a hint of edge, which Avery overlays with lyrics letting a special lady know just who’s calling the shots (at least in bed). Lyrically we’ve heard music-as-sex metaphors like these before, but it’s Avery’s inventive, smooth yet gritty vocal performance that truly takes things to the next level; is that a Ginuwine So Anxious reference I hear? Personally my answer is emphatic yes, but I’m but one man. So what do you think Booth nation? Should Leader of the Band be Shotgun Love’s next official single?
Written by Nathan S. on 09/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.