When you first fall in love, it feels like you’ve just jumped off of a cliff with no parachute. But let Avery Storm extend his hand and catch you before you fall too far. On his latest single, Head Over Heels, the New York singer/songwriter realizes that once the drug of love kicks in, the swirl of emotions can blind your better judgment and may make you see things that aren’t really there. Avery’s voice carries the pain of past relationships so you know he’s speaking from experience. Over the solemn production work of The Ceasars, Queens veteran N.O.R.E. takes a more direct route, setting those lost in the clouds straight with the tale of his own misfortune with a woman. Head Over Heels will be on Avery’s upcoming The Audiobiography project (out May 6), which will feature The Ceasars on the boards throughout.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Stupid Robot/Blast Off
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.