Almost all of the hits on DJBooth’s Top Picks chart feature a lead artist using the help of a guest feature; while the collaborations certainly can help the lead artist, the feature artists also have the opportunity to make a name for themselves. Just ask Derrty Ent. artist Avery Storm, who worked collaboratively with Rick Ross on Trilla‘s third single, Here I Am. On a new remixed version, neither Ross nor Nelly contribute; rather, Avery takes center stage and continues to appeal to the ladies which he tempted on the original hook, and rapper Pitbull joins in to get the crowd moving to this mid-tempo jam, with a particular regard for all of the coupled listeners. The original version can be found on Trilla (out now), while the remix could be made available on Avery Storm’s forthcoming debut.
Written by Burmy on 08/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.