The mark of true excellence in songwriting is when your tunes can be transposed into any genre and—assuming it’s being covered by a talented enough artist—still come out sounding dope. By that standard, Miike Snow‘s Animal appears to be a winner. Previously heard in a remixed version by D-Why, the Swedish indie-rockers’ debut single gets a radical, but successful reimagining on Avery Storm‘s latest feature—the fourth and final entry in a series of song “flips” which included previously-featured efforts Nightcall and Need You Tonight. Blast Off Productions replace the original’s upbeat grooves with a spare acoustic-guitar accompaniment, which Storm proceeds to lace with poignant, expressive vocals. Though this cut, as mentioned above, marks the end of Storm’s series, but fans can keep it locked for all the latest on the artist’s independent debut EP, coming this fall.
Stupid Robot/Blast Off
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!