The mark of true excellence in songwriting is when your tunes can be transposed into any genre and—assuming it’s being covered by a talented enough artist—still come out sounding dope. By that standard, Miike Snow‘s Animal appears to be a winner. Previously heard in a remixed version by D-Why, the Swedish indie-rockers’ debut single gets a radical, but successful reimagining on Avery Storm‘s latest feature—the fourth and final entry in a series of song “flips” which included previously-featured efforts Nightcall and Need You Tonight. Blast Off Productions replace the original’s upbeat grooves with a spare acoustic-guitar accompaniment, which Storm proceeds to lace with poignant, expressive vocals. Though this cut, as mentioned above, marks the end of Storm’s series, but fans can keep it locked for all the latest on the artist’s independent debut EP, coming this fall.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.