The mark of true excellence in songwriting is when your tunes can be transposed into any genre and—assuming it’s being covered by a talented enough artist—still come out sounding dope. By that standard, Miike Snow‘s Animal appears to be a winner. Previously heard in a remixed version by D-Why, the Swedish indie-rockers’ debut single gets a radical, but successful reimagining on Avery Storm‘s latest feature—the fourth and final entry in a series of song “flips” which included previously-featured efforts Nightcall and Need You Tonight. Blast Off Productions replace the original’s upbeat grooves with a spare acoustic-guitar accompaniment, which Storm proceeds to lace with poignant, expressive vocals. Though this cut, as mentioned above, marks the end of Storm’s series, but fans can keep it locked for all the latest on the artist’s independent debut EP, coming this fall.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
Stupid Robot/Blast Off
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.