The mark of true excellence in songwriting is when your tunes can be transposed into any genre and—assuming it’s being covered by a talented enough artist—still come out sounding dope. By that standard, Miike Snow‘s Animal appears to be a winner. Previously heard in a remixed version by D-Why, the Swedish indie-rockers’ debut single gets a radical, but successful reimagining on Avery Storm‘s latest feature—the fourth and final entry in a series of song “flips” which included previously-featured efforts Nightcall and Need You Tonight. Blast Off Productions replace the original’s upbeat grooves with a spare acoustic-guitar accompaniment, which Storm proceeds to lace with poignant, expressive vocals. Though this cut, as mentioned above, marks the end of Storm’s series, but fans can keep it locked for all the latest on the artist’s independent debut EP, coming this fall.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
Stupid Robot/Blast Off
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am ft. Nelly & Avery Storm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)