As I wrote in my review of his last album, the self-titled Avant, the Cleveland crooner occupies a strange place in the music industry. Despite multiple platinum albums, he’s somehow still not quite a household name. After an almost two year hiatus from the Booth, his last record was ‘08’s hilariously titled Break Ya Back (In a Good Way), Avant is once again ready to begin his quest for true stardom on his new single Kiss Goodbye. As you might expect from the title, Kiss is a slow, longing-filled ballad centered around a piano driven beat from production duo The Pentagon (less intimidatingly known as Antonio Dixon & Eric Dawkins) that matches his always smooth vocal style perfectly. You know that scene in the movies when the hero see the girl he loves with another man, then walks the streets lonely and filled with regret? This song is the soundtrack to that scene. Will Kiss be the song that finally puts Avant’s name on the lips of music lovers everywhere? We’ll find out in the ratings below soon, and when his upcoming sixth studio album, The Letter, drops December 7.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When It Hurts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.