As I wrote in my review of his last album, the self-titled Avant, the Cleveland crooner occupies a strange place in the music industry. Despite multiple platinum albums, he’s somehow still not quite a household name. After an almost two year hiatus from the Booth, his last record was ‘08’s hilariously titled Break Ya Back (In a Good Way), Avant is once again ready to begin his quest for true stardom on his new single Kiss Goodbye. As you might expect from the title, Kiss is a slow, longing-filled ballad centered around a piano driven beat from production duo The Pentagon (less intimidatingly known as Antonio Dixon & Eric Dawkins) that matches his always smooth vocal style perfectly. You know that scene in the movies when the hero see the girl he loves with another man, then walks the streets lonely and filled with regret? This song is the soundtrack to that scene. Will Kiss be the song that finally puts Avant’s name on the lips of music lovers everywhere? We’ll find out in the ratings below soon, and when his upcoming sixth studio album, The Letter, drops December 7.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When It Hurts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.