As I wrote in my review of his last album, the self-titled Avant, the Cleveland crooner occupies a strange place in the music industry. Despite multiple platinum albums, he’s somehow still not quite a household name. After an almost two year hiatus from the Booth, his last record was ‘08’s hilariously titled Break Ya Back (In a Good Way), Avant is once again ready to begin his quest for true stardom on his new single Kiss Goodbye. As you might expect from the title, Kiss is a slow, longing-filled ballad centered around a piano driven beat from production duo The Pentagon (less intimidatingly known as Antonio Dixon & Eric Dawkins) that matches his always smooth vocal style perfectly. You know that scene in the movies when the hero see the girl he loves with another man, then walks the streets lonely and filled with regret? This song is the soundtrack to that scene. Will Kiss be the song that finally puts Avant’s name on the lips of music lovers everywhere? We’ll find out in the ratings below soon, and when his upcoming sixth studio album, The Letter, drops December 7.
Listen to More: Avant Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When It Hurts" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.