Can Best Friends become lovers without losing the comfortable relationship they’d previously shared? That’s the question we find Avant pondering on the latest single off his seventh studio LP. Over the simmering synth production of beat crew The Monoply (made up of Avant, Kajun and Dre Hen) the Cleveland crooner describes his ambivalence when a female companion’s freaky texts offer him the opportunity to turn their platonic friendship into something more. Does he take the bait? This cut ends with the artist still hesitating on the precipice, so we can only speculate. Fans will be able to find Best Friend, the previously-featured You & I and much more on Avant’s Face the Music LP, due out February 5, via MO-B Entertainment/EMI . Click here to pre-order the set!
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When It Hurts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.