Can Best Friends become lovers without losing the comfortable relationship they’d previously shared? That’s the question we find Avant pondering on the latest single off his seventh studio LP. Over the simmering synth production of beat crew The Monoply (made up of Avant, Kajun and Dre Hen) the Cleveland crooner describes his ambivalence when a female companion’s freaky texts offer him the opportunity to turn their platonic friendship into something more. Does he take the bait? This cut ends with the artist still hesitating on the precipice, so we can only speculate. Fans will be able to find Best Friend, the previously-featured You & I and much more on Avant’s Face the Music LP, due out February 5, via MO-B Entertainment/EMI . Click here to pre-order the set!
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When It Hurts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.