Can Best Friends become lovers without losing the comfortable relationship they’d previously shared? That’s the question we find Avant pondering on the latest single off his seventh studio LP. Over the simmering synth production of beat crew The Monoply (made up of Avant, Kajun and Dre Hen) the Cleveland crooner describes his ambivalence when a female companion’s freaky texts offer him the opportunity to turn their platonic friendship into something more. Does he take the bait? This cut ends with the artist still hesitating on the precipice, so we can only speculate. Fans will be able to find Best Friend, the previously-featured You & I and much more on Avant’s Face the Music LP, due out February 5, via MO-B Entertainment/EMI . Click here to pre-order the set!
Written by richard on 01/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When It Hurts" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)