Can Best Friends become lovers without losing the comfortable relationship they’d previously shared? That’s the question we find Avant pondering on the latest single off his seventh studio LP. Over the simmering synth production of beat crew The Monoply (made up of Avant, Kajun and Dre Hen) the Cleveland crooner describes his ambivalence when a female companion’s freaky texts offer him the opportunity to turn their platonic friendship into something more. Does he take the bait? This cut ends with the artist still hesitating on the precipice, so we can only speculate. Fans will be able to find Best Friend, the previously-featured You & I and much more on Avant’s Face the Music LP, due out February 5, via MO-B Entertainment/EMI . Click here to pre-order the set!
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When It Hurts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.