When it comes to Midwest hip-hop, Milwaukee is often overlooked in favor of cities like Minneapolis, Chicago, and Detroit. However, Milwaukee does have hip-hop and dynamic duo AUTOMatic seeks to prove that it’s dope. On their new single, The HBs, featuring vocal accompaniment by Sarah Fierek and a short spoken work piece by Ms. Cream, the Trellmatic-produced beat drips nothing but smooth and cool as emcee A.P.R.I.M.E. walks you through the effects of heartbreak. Story telling is one the most crucial parts of hip-hop since its inception and that’s what is so often lacking from popular/radio hip-hop today. AUTOMatic’s third album, Art Imitates Life, aims to rectify that. Slated to be released in the fall, The HBs is the first release from the project. Largely known only in Milwaukee and the subterranean level of the underground, is the HBs good enough to whet the appetites of hip-hop fans that hear it to want more AUTOMatic? Tell the Booth in the comments below.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.