When it comes to Midwest hip-hop, Milwaukee is often overlooked in favor of cities like Minneapolis, Chicago, and Detroit. However, Milwaukee does have hip-hop and dynamic duo AUTOMatic seeks to prove that it’s dope. On their new single, The HBs, featuring vocal accompaniment by Sarah Fierek and a short spoken work piece by Ms. Cream, the Trellmatic-produced beat drips nothing but smooth and cool as emcee A.P.R.I.M.E. walks you through the effects of heartbreak. Story telling is one the most crucial parts of hip-hop since its inception and that’s what is so often lacking from popular/radio hip-hop today. AUTOMatic’s third album, Art Imitates Life, aims to rectify that. Slated to be released in the fall, The HBs is the first release from the project. Largely known only in Milwaukee and the subterranean level of the underground, is the HBs good enough to whet the appetites of hip-hop fans that hear it to want more AUTOMatic? Tell the Booth in the comments below.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.