When it comes to Midwest hip-hop, Milwaukee is often overlooked in favor of cities like Minneapolis, Chicago, and Detroit. However, Milwaukee does have hip-hop and dynamic duo AUTOMatic seeks to prove that it’s dope. On their new single, The HBs, featuring vocal accompaniment by Sarah Fierek and a short spoken work piece by Ms. Cream, the Trellmatic-produced beat drips nothing but smooth and cool as emcee A.P.R.I.M.E. walks you through the effects of heartbreak. Story telling is one the most crucial parts of hip-hop since its inception and that’s what is so often lacking from popular/radio hip-hop today. AUTOMatic’s third album, Art Imitates Life, aims to rectify that. Slated to be released in the fall, The HBs is the first release from the project. Largely known only in Milwaukee and the subterranean level of the underground, is the HBs good enough to whet the appetites of hip-hop fans that hear it to want more AUTOMatic? Tell the Booth in the comments below.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/13/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.