When it comes to Midwest hip-hop, Milwaukee is often overlooked in favor of cities like Minneapolis, Chicago, and Detroit. However, Milwaukee does have hip-hop and dynamic duo AUTOMatic seeks to prove that it’s dope. On their new single, The HBs, featuring vocal accompaniment by Sarah Fierek and a short spoken work piece by Ms. Cream, the Trellmatic-produced beat drips nothing but smooth and cool as emcee A.P.R.I.M.E. walks you through the effects of heartbreak. Story telling is one the most crucial parts of hip-hop since its inception and that’s what is so often lacking from popular/radio hip-hop today. AUTOMatic’s third album, Art Imitates Life, aims to rectify that. Slated to be released in the fall, The HBs is the first release from the project. Largely known only in Milwaukee and the subterranean level of the underground, is the HBs good enough to whet the appetites of hip-hop fans that hear it to want more AUTOMatic? Tell the Booth in the comments below.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)