Normally, when the words “back” and “up” are used in hip-hop it brings about thoughts of Juvenile‘s Back That Thang Up and other booty-centered cuts, but for Milwaukee-based rap group AUTOmatic the idea of The Back Up is slightly different. Instead, with the help of the Logic portion of duo Logic & Raze, the trio offer up a warning to weak rappers and a not so intimidating pack of pre-teen skateboarders in Dana Coppafeel-directed visuals. Whether they’re perusing their local record store or chillin’ by those oh so familiar, desolate train tracks, both AUTOmatic and Logic keep the music video for the Trellmatic-produced song lighthearted with the welcomed addition of a little humor here and there. With their Art Imitates Life album out now, hopefully it won’t be another year before the Milwaukee musical trio hit us with another offering.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)