Normally, when the words “back” and “up” are used in hip-hop it brings about thoughts of Juvenile‘s Back That Thang Up and other booty-centered cuts, but for Milwaukee-based rap group AUTOmatic the idea of The Back Up is slightly different. Instead, with the help of the Logic portion of duo Logic & Raze, the trio offer up a warning to weak rappers and a not so intimidating pack of pre-teen skateboarders in Dana Coppafeel-directed visuals. Whether they’re perusing their local record store or chillin’ by those oh so familiar, desolate train tracks, both AUTOmatic and Logic keep the music video for the Trellmatic-produced song lighthearted with the welcomed addition of a little humor here and there. With their Art Imitates Life album out now, hopefully it won’t be another year before the Milwaukee musical trio hit us with another offering.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.