Normally, when the words “back” and “up” are used in hip-hop it brings about thoughts of Juvenile‘s Back That Thang Up and other booty-centered cuts, but for Milwaukee-based rap group AUTOmatic the idea of The Back Up is slightly different. Instead, with the help of the Logic portion of duo Logic & Raze, the trio offer up a warning to weak rappers and a not so intimidating pack of pre-teen skateboarders in Dana Coppafeel-directed visuals. Whether they’re perusing their local record store or chillin’ by those oh so familiar, desolate train tracks, both AUTOmatic and Logic keep the music video for the Trellmatic-produced song lighthearted with the welcomed addition of a little humor here and there. With their Art Imitates Life album out now, hopefully it won’t be another year before the Milwaukee musical trio hit us with another offering.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.