Remember the classic Cash Money sound that defined New Orleans hip-hop back in the 1990s? Then prepare for a trip down Memory Lane. On aptly-titled new single Throwback, N.O. singer August Alsina pays homage to his city’s urban-music heritage, enlisting D. Clax to craft an era-appropriate instrumental backdrop as he trades verses with former Hot Boys member Juvenile. This trunk-banging love letter to the Big Easy isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest from August Alsina.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.