Remember the classic Cash Money sound that defined New Orleans hip-hop back in the 1990s? Then prepare for a trip down Memory Lane. On aptly-titled new single Throwback, N.O. singer August Alsina pays homage to his city’s urban-music heritage, enlisting D. Clax to craft an era-appropriate instrumental backdrop as he trades verses with former Hot Boys member Juvenile. This trunk-banging love letter to the Big Easy isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest from August Alsina.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.