Remember the classic Cash Money sound that defined New Orleans hip-hop back in the 1990s? Then prepare for a trip down Memory Lane. On aptly-titled new single Throwback, N.O. singer August Alsina pays homage to his city’s urban-music heritage, enlisting D. Clax to craft an era-appropriate instrumental backdrop as he trades verses with former Hot Boys member Juvenile. This trunk-banging love letter to the Big Easy isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest from August Alsina.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.