No matter how elaborate the means you employ to keep someone by your side—from codependency, to marriage, to kidnapping—there’s no way to ensure that time and the inevitable cooling of passions won’t drive them into another’s arms. A certified expert on modern romance, August Alsina confirms what so many of us have suspected on his brand new radio single: “Love is for Suckas, that’s why I don’t trust ‘em / ‘cause when you try to cuff ‘em, you end up in trouble.” Cynical? Just a little. But beat crew Sound Mob provide the perfect spoonful of sugar to make the bitter message go down smooth, blending phase-shifted electronic burbles and glittering piano/guitar accents as the New Orleans singer schools the man whose girl he just “stole” on some harsh truths. Young Goldie/Interscope signee Lloyd backs the headliner up on verse two, soulfully shaking his head at the jilted dude’s naivete. Could this caustic, yet silky ballad be Alsina’s ticket to Hitsville? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, it locked; Sucka isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest.
Written by richard on 06/27/12
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.