Back in January, August Alsina stepped into the Booth with I Luv This Sh*t, a club-ready cut detailing the Def Jam recording artist’s high-rolling lifestyle. As evidenced by the 3.5-star average rating, our readers liked the record, but it would be a stretch to say they luved it. Today, the New Orleans native returns with an official remix that he hopes will transform your feelings on the joint from admiration into burning passion. The Knuckleheads’ synth-brass boardwork is retained, as are the headliner’s engaging vocal contributions, but original feature Trinidad Jame$ has been swapped for a two-pack of heavyweight collaborators; R&B hitmakers Chris Brown and Trey Songz each grab the mic to deliver a smooth, freaky guest verse. This revamp isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can cop the album version as part of August’s March mixtape, Gangsta Grillz: The Product II.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.