Back in January, August Alsina stepped into the Booth with I Luv This Sh*t, a club-ready cut detailing the Def Jam recording artist’s high-rolling lifestyle. As evidenced by the 3.5-star average rating, our readers liked the record, but it would be a stretch to say they luved it. Today, the New Orleans native returns with an official remix that he hopes will transform your feelings on the joint from admiration into burning passion. The Knuckleheads’ synth-brass boardwork is retained, as are the headliner’s engaging vocal contributions, but original feature Trinidad Jame$ has been swapped for a two-pack of heavyweight collaborators; R&B hitmakers Chris Brown and Trey Songz each grab the mic to deliver a smooth, freaky guest verse. This revamp isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can cop the album version as part of August’s March mixtape, Gangsta Grillz: The Product II.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.