Back in January, August Alsina stepped into the Booth with I Luv This Sh*t, a club-ready cut detailing the Def Jam recording artist’s high-rolling lifestyle. As evidenced by the 3.5-star average rating, our readers liked the record, but it would be a stretch to say they luved it. Today, the New Orleans native returns with an official remix that he hopes will transform your feelings on the joint from admiration into burning passion. The Knuckleheads’ synth-brass boardwork is retained, as are the headliner’s engaging vocal contributions, but original feature Trinidad Jame$ has been swapped for a two-pack of heavyweight collaborators; R&B hitmakers Chris Brown and Trey Songz each grab the mic to deliver a smooth, freaky guest verse. This revamp isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can cop the album version as part of August’s March mixtape, Gangsta Grillz: The Product II.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.