Previously heard taking inspiration from The Throne‘s N*ggas in Paris on mixtape leak B*tches in ATL, singer August Alsina returns with a follow-up inspired by not one but two rap icons. Taking its title, intro and outro from Biggie‘s 1993 single, Party and Bullsh*t finds the up-and-comer showcasing his pipes over the Jim Jonsin-produced beat that backed Weezy‘s PMW (P*ssy Money Weed) (sampled from Outkast‘s Jazzy Belle). G.O.O.D. Music representative (and freestyle series alumnus) Prince CyHi contributes guest rhymes. Digging it? More fresh cuts await on August Alsina’s new mixtape, The Product, scheduled for release in April.
Written by richard on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.