Previously heard taking inspiration from The Throne‘s N*ggas in Paris on mixtape leak B*tches in ATL, singer August Alsina returns with a follow-up inspired by not one but two rap icons. Taking its title, intro and outro from Biggie‘s 1993 single, Party and Bullsh*t finds the up-and-comer showcasing his pipes over the Jim Jonsin-produced beat that backed Weezy‘s PMW (P*ssy Money Weed) (sampled from Outkast‘s Jazzy Belle). G.O.O.D. Music representative (and freestyle series alumnus) Prince CyHi contributes guest rhymes. Digging it? More fresh cuts await on August Alsina’s new mixtape, The Product, scheduled for release in April.
Written by richard on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.