Previously heard taking inspiration from The Throne‘s N*ggas in Paris on mixtape leak B*tches in ATL, singer August Alsina returns with a follow-up inspired by not one but two rap icons. Taking its title, intro and outro from Biggie‘s 1993 single, Party and Bullsh*t finds the up-and-comer showcasing his pipes over the Jim Jonsin-produced beat that backed Weezy‘s PMW (P*ssy Money Weed) (sampled from Outkast‘s Jazzy Belle). G.O.O.D. Music representative (and freestyle series alumnus) Prince CyHi contributes guest rhymes. Digging it? More fresh cuts await on August Alsina’s new mixtape, The Product, scheduled for release in April.
Written by richard on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.