On August Alsina‘s last Booth feature, the official remix of the dancefloor-ready I Luv This Sh*t, the Def Jam crooner was clearly enjoying himself, but remained in more or less full control of his faculties. Things get a little sloppier on Numb, a newly-released promo single which finds the New Orleans repper smoking trees and popping bottles till he can’t feel his face. First released in August, the record has received a considerable boost in guest muscle since its first incarnation: originals IAMSU! and Problem are swapped out for Southern heavyweights B.o.B and Yo Gotti. As the collaborators get faded, DJ Mustard provides a suitably hype, trap-infused backdrop for their bars. This liquor-soaked club banger isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can keep their browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest from August Alsina and his impressive cast of connects.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view August’s Payne Lindsey-directed Numb visual.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.