On August Alsina‘s last Booth feature, the official remix of the dancefloor-ready I Luv This Sh*t, the Def Jam crooner was clearly enjoying himself, but remained in more or less full control of his faculties. Things get a little sloppier on Numb, a newly-released promo single which finds the New Orleans repper smoking trees and popping bottles till he can’t feel his face. First released in August, the record has received a considerable boost in guest muscle since its first incarnation: originals IAMSU! and Problem are swapped out for Southern heavyweights B.o.B and Yo Gotti. As the collaborators get faded, DJ Mustard provides a suitably hype, trap-infused backdrop for their bars. This liquor-soaked club banger isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can keep their browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest from August Alsina and his impressive cast of connects.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view August’s Payne Lindsey-directed Numb visual.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.