Hold up! Before you hit “play,” take a wild guess as to what August Alsina‘s latest single is about. If you chose “weed” or “sex,” you’re only half-right; the correct answer is C, “all of the above.” On Let Me Hit That, a piano-laced Cassius J. production backs the singer as he serenades a shawty whose charms are as intoxicating as a fat blunt… or a blunt with all the allure of a beautiful woman; I’m honestly not sure. New Orleans mainstay Curren$y‘s guest 16, while dope, doesn’t clear things up. In any case, those who like what they’re hearing can find Hit That, the previously-featured I Luv This Sh*t and many more fresh cuts on Alsina’s DJ Drama-hosted Gangsta Grillz: The Product II tape, out May 6.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Def Jam crooner August Alsina fully understands that a career in music can be over before it even gets started. It is for this reason that the New Orleans native has chosen to keep the tunes coming, delivering a follow-up to...
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.