Hold up! Before you hit “play,” take a wild guess as to what August Alsina‘s latest single is about. If you chose “weed” or “sex,” you’re only half-right; the correct answer is C, “all of the above.” On Let Me Hit That, a piano-laced Cassius J. production backs the singer as he serenades a shawty whose charms are as intoxicating as a fat blunt… or a blunt with all the allure of a beautiful woman; I’m honestly not sure. New Orleans mainstay Curren$y‘s guest 16, while dope, doesn’t clear things up. In any case, those who like what they’re hearing can find Hit That, the previously-featured I Luv This Sh*t and many more fresh cuts on Alsina’s DJ Drama-hosted Gangsta Grillz: The Product II tape, out May 6.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.