Hold up! Before you hit “play,” take a wild guess as to what August Alsina‘s latest single is about. If you chose “weed” or “sex,” you’re only half-right; the correct answer is C, “all of the above.” On Let Me Hit That, a piano-laced Cassius J. production backs the singer as he serenades a shawty whose charms are as intoxicating as a fat blunt… or a blunt with all the allure of a beautiful woman; I’m honestly not sure. New Orleans mainstay Curren$y‘s guest 16, while dope, doesn’t clear things up. In any case, those who like what they’re hearing can find Hit That, the previously-featured I Luv This Sh*t and many more fresh cuts on Alsina’s DJ Drama-hosted Gangsta Grillz: The Product II tape, out May 6.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.