Hold up! Before you hit “play,” take a wild guess as to what August Alsina‘s latest single is about. If you chose “weed” or “sex,” you’re only half-right; the correct answer is C, “all of the above.” On Let Me Hit That, a piano-laced Cassius J. production backs the singer as he serenades a shawty whose charms are as intoxicating as a fat blunt… or a blunt with all the allure of a beautiful woman; I’m honestly not sure. New Orleans mainstay Curren$y‘s guest 16, while dope, doesn’t clear things up. In any case, those who like what they’re hearing can find Hit That, the previously-featured I Luv This Sh*t and many more fresh cuts on Alsina’s DJ Drama-hosted Gangsta Grillz: The Product II tape, out May 6.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.