Hold up! Before you hit “play,” take a wild guess as to what August Alsina‘s latest single is about. If you chose “weed” or “sex,” you’re only half-right; the correct answer is C, “all of the above.” On Let Me Hit That, a piano-laced Cassius J. production backs the singer as he serenades a shawty whose charms are as intoxicating as a fat blunt… or a blunt with all the allure of a beautiful woman; I’m honestly not sure. New Orleans mainstay Curren$y‘s guest 16, while dope, doesn’t clear things up. In any case, those who like what they’re hearing can find Hit That, the previously-featured I Luv This Sh*t and many more fresh cuts on Alsina’s DJ Drama-hosted Gangsta Grillz: The Product II tape, out May 6.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Def Jam crooner August Alsina fully understands that a career in music can be over before it even gets started. It is for this reason that the New Orleans native has chosen to keep the tunes coming, delivering a follow-up to...
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)