The ink on August Alsina‘s body isn’t just for looks; it’s also a magnet for female lips. But it’s not there for just any chick’s delectation. On a fresh single off his forthcoming, full-length freshman set, the New Orleans crooner tells one particular shawty, “I don’t want nobody but you Kissin’ on My Tattoos.” A change of pace from previous singles Make It Home and Benediction, which dealt with the artist’s impoverished upbringing and subsequent rise to fame, this joint is a tender ballad dedicated to the girl who’s on his mind even when he’s with other women. Jasper Cameron mans the mixing boards, backing Alsina’s heartfelt verses with an eminently smooth blend of keyboard and synth-strings. Fans can click here to pre-order August’s debut full-length, Testimony, in anticipation of its retail release on April 15.
Written by richard on 03/25/14
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.