The ink on August Alsina‘s body isn’t just for looks; it’s also a magnet for female lips. But it’s not there for just any chick’s delectation. On a fresh single off his forthcoming, full-length freshman set, the New Orleans crooner tells one particular shawty, “I don’t want nobody but you Kissin’ on My Tattoos.” A change of pace from previous singles Make It Home and Benediction, which dealt with the artist’s impoverished upbringing and subsequent rise to fame, this joint is a tender ballad dedicated to the girl who’s on his mind even when he’s with other women. Jasper Cameron mans the mixing boards, backing Alsina’s heartfelt verses with an eminently smooth blend of keyboard and synth-strings. Fans can click here to pre-order August’s debut full-length, Testimony, in anticipation of its retail release on April 15.
Written by richard on 03/25/14
August Alsina, the New Orleans-repping singer/songwriter who has captivated listeners nationwide with his unique brand of hip hop-infused R&B, takes his career to the next level with the release of his Def Jam debut...
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.