The ink on August Alsina‘s body isn’t just for looks; it’s also a magnet for female lips. But it’s not there for just any chick’s delectation. On a fresh single off his forthcoming, full-length freshman set, the New Orleans crooner tells one particular shawty, “I don’t want nobody but you Kissin’ on My Tattoos.” A change of pace from previous singles Make It Home and Benediction, which dealt with the artist’s impoverished upbringing and subsequent rise to fame, this joint is a tender ballad dedicated to the girl who’s on his mind even when he’s with other women. Jasper Cameron mans the mixing boards, backing Alsina’s heartfelt verses with an eminently smooth blend of keyboard and synth-strings. Fans can click here to pre-order August’s debut full-length, Testimony, in anticipation of its retail release on April 15.
Written by richard on 03/25/14
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.