As someone who’s sold drugs in order to make ends meet, August Alsina isn’t about to look down on someone else’s hustle. On a standout cut off his highly-anticipated Def Jam debut, the New Orleans crooner expresses solidarity with, and admiration for a shawty who’s working that pole for profits, assuring her, “I ain’t judgin’ you… go on and Get Ya Money.” Fabolous echoes the headliner’s sympathetic words on the guest tip. In his closing 16, the East Coast mainstay defends his First Lady, who just so happens to be a dancer: “Two wrongs don’t make a right, but two strongs make a power couple.” Spinz and Dun Deal join forces to create the instrumental backdrop, a low key arrangement built around looped electric guitar arpeggios. For this cut, last month’s Kissin’ on My Tattoos and much more, cop Alsina’s Testimony LP.
Update: We have added the Payne Lindsey-directed visuals for August Alsina’s Get Ya Money single.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
August Alsina, the New Orleans-repping singer/songwriter who has captivated listeners nationwide with his unique brand of hip hop-infused R&B, takes his career to the next level with the release of his Def Jam debut...
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.