As someone who’s sold drugs in order to make ends meet, August Alsina isn’t about to look down on someone else’s hustle. On a standout cut off his highly-anticipated Def Jam debut, the New Orleans crooner expresses solidarity with, and admiration for a shawty who’s working that pole for profits, assuring her, “I ain’t judgin’ you… go on and Get Ya Money.” Fabolous echoes the headliner’s sympathetic words on the guest tip. In his closing 16, the East Coast mainstay defends his First Lady, who just so happens to be a dancer: “Two wrongs don’t make a right, but two strongs make a power couple.” Spinz and Dun Deal join forces to create the instrumental backdrop, a low key arrangement built around looped electric guitar arpeggios. For this cut, last month’s Kissin’ on My Tattoos and much more, cop Alsina’s Testimony LP.
Update: We have added the Payne Lindsey-directed visuals for August Alsina’s Get Ya Money single.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.