August Alsina‘s newly-released Def Jam debut is a classic rags to riches tale, chronicling the artist’s rise from an impoverished childhood in the urban jungle to his current position of power in the music game. Though his circumstances have changed dramatically, it ain’t all sunshine and roses for the New Orleans singer/songwriter. As he reveals on his latest single, there are still days that make him say, “F*ck My Life.” A counterpoint to the joyous Benediction, this cut finds Alsina grappling with the fear and anxiety that comes with having something to lose. Backed by Drumma Boy‘s moody synths, he laments, “Even when I’m up I’m feelin’ down.” G.O.O.D. Music heavyweight Pusha T vents about his own worries and cares in a gloomy opening 16. For FML and much more, pick up the headliner’s Testimony LP, available now in stores and online.
Update: We have added Payne Lindsey-directed, NSFW visuals for August Alsina’s FML single.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
August Alsina, the New Orleans-repping singer/songwriter who has captivated listeners nationwide with his unique brand of hip hop-infused R&B, takes his career to the next level with the release of his Def Jam debut...
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)