August Alsina‘s newly-released Def Jam debut is a classic rags to riches tale, chronicling the artist’s rise from an impoverished childhood in the urban jungle to his current position of power in the music game. Though his circumstances have changed dramatically, it ain’t all sunshine and roses for the New Orleans singer/songwriter. As he reveals on his latest single, there are still days that make him say, “F*ck My Life.” A counterpoint to the joyous Benediction, this cut finds Alsina grappling with the fear and anxiety that comes with having something to lose. Backed by Drumma Boy‘s moody synths, he laments, “Even when I’m up I’m feelin’ down.” G.O.O.D. Music heavyweight Pusha T vents about his own worries and cares in a gloomy opening 16. For FML and much more, pick up the headliner’s Testimony LP, available now in stores and online.
Update: We have added Payne Lindsey-directed, NSFW visuals for August Alsina’s FML single.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
August Alsina, the New Orleans-repping singer/songwriter who has captivated listeners nationwide with his unique brand of hip hop-infused R&B, takes his career to the next level with the release of his Def Jam debut...
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.