Every day in the U.S., nearly 300 people are shot, and 80-plus die from their injuries. Each one, of course, is somebody’s son or daughter, and many leave behind grieving spouses, siblings and other loved ones. Horrifying as these numbers undoubtedly are, a personal narrative often speaks louder than a passel of statistics; Downtown the latest song release off August Alsina‘s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, is a case in point. On this moody, Knucklehead & Carlos Cahee-produced selection, the New Orleans crooner describes his shock and grief upon realizing that his brother had become the latest victim of a gun crime. On the back, fellow NOLA native and emcee Kidd Kidd brings the topic even closer to home, recounting how six bullet wounds nearly brought his life to an end. Featuring this harrowing cut as well as previous singles Let Me Hit That and I Luv This Sh*t, The Product II is scheduled for digital release next Monday, May 6.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down (for mobile) to view August Alsina’s Payne Lindsey-directed Downtown visual.
Written by richard on 07/27/13
Def Jam crooner August Alsina fully understands that a career in music can be over before it even gets started. It is for this reason that the New Orleans native has chosen to keep the tunes coming, delivering a follow-up to...
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.