Every day in the U.S., nearly 300 people are shot, and 80-plus die from their injuries. Each one, of course, is somebody’s son or daughter, and many leave behind grieving spouses, siblings and other loved ones. Horrifying as these numbers undoubtedly are, a personal narrative often speaks louder than a passel of statistics; Downtown the latest song release off August Alsina‘s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, is a case in point. On this moody, Knucklehead & Carlos Cahee-produced selection, the New Orleans crooner describes his shock and grief upon realizing that his brother had become the latest victim of a gun crime. On the back, fellow NOLA native and emcee Kidd Kidd brings the topic even closer to home, recounting how six bullet wounds nearly brought his life to an end. Featuring this harrowing cut as well as previous singles Let Me Hit That and I Luv This Sh*t, The Product II is scheduled for digital release next Monday, May 6.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down (for mobile) to view August Alsina’s Payne Lindsey-directed Downtown visual.
Written by richard on 07/27/13
Submit your Rating
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.