Every day in the U.S., nearly 300 people are shot, and 80-plus die from their injuries. Each one, of course, is somebody’s son or daughter, and many leave behind grieving spouses, siblings and other loved ones. Horrifying as these numbers undoubtedly are, a personal narrative often speaks louder than a passel of statistics; Downtown the latest song release off August Alsina‘s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, is a case in point. On this moody, Knucklehead & Carlos Cahee-produced selection, the New Orleans crooner describes his shock and grief upon realizing that his brother had become the latest victim of a gun crime. On the back, fellow NOLA native and emcee Kidd Kidd brings the topic even closer to home, recounting how six bullet wounds nearly brought his life to an end. Featuring this harrowing cut as well as previous singles Let Me Hit That and I Luv This Sh*t, The Product II is scheduled for digital release next Monday, May 6.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down (for mobile) to view August Alsina’s Payne Lindsey-directed Downtown visual.
Written by richard on 07/27/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.