Every day in the U.S., nearly 300 people are shot, and 80-plus die from their injuries. Each one, of course, is somebody’s son or daughter, and many leave behind grieving spouses, siblings and other loved ones. Horrifying as these numbers undoubtedly are, a personal narrative often speaks louder than a passel of statistics; Downtown the latest song release off August Alsina‘s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, is a case in point. On this moody, Knucklehead & Carlos Cahee-produced selection, the New Orleans crooner describes his shock and grief upon realizing that his brother had become the latest victim of a gun crime. On the back, fellow NOLA native and emcee Kidd Kidd brings the topic even closer to home, recounting how six bullet wounds nearly brought his life to an end. Featuring this harrowing cut as well as previous singles Let Me Hit That and I Luv This Sh*t, The Product II is scheduled for digital release next Monday, May 6.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down (for mobile) to view August Alsina’s Payne Lindsey-directed Downtown visual.
Noontime UNLTD./Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B*tches In ATL" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.