Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Here’s a piece of advice: if you are a music buff, make sure you have a dope pair of headphones, because sometimes you’ll need them in order to truly hear a cut the way it was meant to be heard. Laws of the Gods, the first Booth feature from Audubon, is one of those songs. Don’t get me wrong; you can enjoy his raspy flow through just about any set of speakers, but in order to get the full effect of the track’s production and Camille Safiya‘s feathery guest vocals, headphones are essential. The Reason cooks up an intricate, hypnotizing beat full of subtle touches that, while not obvious, really establish the song’s ominous vibe, while Safiya provides some incredible vocal assistance, showcasing a twangy, entrancing style that adds to the record’s unique vibe. If you dig Laws of the Gods, be sure to check in to the Hotel Audubon when Audubon’s new album drops later this month.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Audubon’s Nelson Noel-directed Laws of the Gods visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.