Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Here’s a piece of advice: if you are a music buff, make sure you have a dope pair of headphones, because sometimes you’ll need them in order to truly hear a cut the way it was meant to be heard. Laws of the Gods, the first Booth feature from Audubon, is one of those songs. Don’t get me wrong; you can enjoy his raspy flow through just about any set of speakers, but in order to get the full effect of the track’s production and Camille Safiya‘s feathery guest vocals, headphones are essential. The Reason cooks up an intricate, hypnotizing beat full of subtle touches that, while not obvious, really establish the song’s ominous vibe, while Safiya provides some incredible vocal assistance, showcasing a twangy, entrancing style that adds to the record’s unique vibe. If you dig Laws of the Gods, be sure to check in to the Hotel Audubon when Audubon’s new album drops later this month.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Audubon’s Nelson Noel-directed Laws of the Gods visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.