As Lauryn Hill famously warned females on ‘98 classic Doo Wop, “Some guys, some guys are only about That Thing.” Audra the Rapper, who paid homage to the Fugees legend on street album The Miseducation of Audra has clearly taken Hill’s message to heart; on Love Song (Remix) (a Booth-exclusive world premiere), the first-time featuree gives us an inside look at what can happen when you give your love to someone who doesn’t show the proper respect. With Diggity Dash‘s lushly-sampled production as her backdrop, Audra laments: ”I gave you my mind, all you wanted was brain, I forfeit my heart, you still control my veins…” Big Apple fave Mickey Factz plays the man in question, hinting that a fear of commitment lies behind his uncaring demeanor, but ultimately confirming the femcee’s worst suspicions: “I wish that I could kiss you and f*ck you one last time and dis’ you, forget you.” Bitter as the truth may be, the song itself goers down smooth—thanks in no small part to R&B mainstay Raheem Devaughn‘s hook and backing vocals. For more, check out Audra’s No Such Thing Does Exist mixtape, released July 11 and out now online.
Written by richard on 08/30/11
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.