At first I thought Audra the Rapper might be Chance The Rapper’s sister, but then I remembered that “The Rapper” is not their government last names (it’s Friday, work with me here). While the two indie artists may not be related, it’s clear they both can spit. Following her last Booth feature in August of 2011, the Love Song (Remix), Audra was nowhere to be found. As a matter of fact, you could call it a Hit & Run. Finally, though, the femcee triumphantly makes her return with a new loosie. Over a smooth, almost film noir type of production from Closer, Audra details her various Hit & Runs; don’t call the cops, though, as it has nothing to do with her vehicle. With a fluid delivery, she openly struggles to understand why she can’t ever seem to keep a guy around. Adding to the foggy, vintage sound is singer Abir Haronni, who lends supporting vocals that subtly bring the cut home. Hopefully Hit & Run doesn’t become a repeat offender; we’d like to hear more before the summer of 2015.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Song (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.