At first I thought Audra the Rapper might be Chance The Rapper’s sister, but then I remembered that “The Rapper” is not their government last names (it’s Friday, work with me here). While the two indie artists may not be related, it’s clear they both can spit. Following her last Booth feature in August of 2011, the Love Song (Remix), Audra was nowhere to be found. As a matter of fact, you could call it a Hit & Run. Finally, though, the femcee triumphantly makes her return with a new loosie. Over a smooth, almost film noir type of production from Closer, Audra details her various Hit & Runs; don’t call the cops, though, as it has nothing to do with her vehicle. With a fluid delivery, she openly struggles to understand why she can’t ever seem to keep a guy around. Adding to the foggy, vintage sound is singer Abir Haronni, who lends supporting vocals that subtly bring the cut home. Hopefully Hit & Run doesn’t become a repeat offender; we’d like to hear more before the summer of 2015.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Song (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)