After hearing emcee-producer duo AudioDax bring us some of the most musically adventurous yet pop-appealing tracks to hit the Booth in a minute, I couldn’t help but wonder what artists they listened to on the regular. If you, too, have been hankering for a peek into rapper Krypton Flo and singer/beatsmith Temble‘s record collection, you’re in luck – the Midwesterners’ next project will find them remaking a number of their personal faves. On leak numero uno, Thoughts, AudioDax take inspiration from experimental electronic duo Crystal Castles, flipping the Toronto natives’ dark, brooding Empathy into a more upbeat, club-ready concoction. Over Temble’s chopped-up take on the original beat, Krypton spits some of the most complexly braggadocious bars we’ve heard from him to date: “See me on my grizzy, I’m beastin’ kind of grizzly(,) bear/bare with me like I’m skinny-dippin’ down in the Mississippi.” Fans can hear more flipped versions of the records nearest and dearest to AudioDax’ hearts on their Vampire Castles: Our Take mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Matter of Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.