After hearing emcee-producer duo AudioDax bring us some of the most musically adventurous yet pop-appealing tracks to hit the Booth in a minute, I couldn’t help but wonder what artists they listened to on the regular. If you, too, have been hankering for a peek into rapper Krypton Flo and singer/beatsmith Temble‘s record collection, you’re in luck – the Midwesterners’ next project will find them remaking a number of their personal faves. On leak numero uno, Thoughts, AudioDax take inspiration from experimental electronic duo Crystal Castles, flipping the Toronto natives’ dark, brooding Empathy into a more upbeat, club-ready concoction. Over Temble’s chopped-up take on the original beat, Krypton spits some of the most complexly braggadocious bars we’ve heard from him to date: “See me on my grizzy, I’m beastin’ kind of grizzly(,) bear/bare with me like I’m skinny-dippin’ down in the Mississippi.” Fans can hear more flipped versions of the records nearest and dearest to AudioDax’ hearts on their Vampire Castles: Our Take mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Matter of Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.