After hearing emcee-producer duo AudioDax bring us some of the most musically adventurous yet pop-appealing tracks to hit the Booth in a minute, I couldn’t help but wonder what artists they listened to on the regular. If you, too, have been hankering for a peek into rapper Krypton Flo and singer/beatsmith Temble‘s record collection, you’re in luck – the Midwesterners’ next project will find them remaking a number of their personal faves. On leak numero uno, Thoughts, AudioDax take inspiration from experimental electronic duo Crystal Castles, flipping the Toronto natives’ dark, brooding Empathy into a more upbeat, club-ready concoction. Over Temble’s chopped-up take on the original beat, Krypton spits some of the most complexly braggadocious bars we’ve heard from him to date: “See me on my grizzy, I’m beastin’ kind of grizzly(,) bear/bare with me like I’m skinny-dippin’ down in the Mississippi.” Fans can hear more flipped versions of the records nearest and dearest to AudioDax’ hearts on their Vampire Castles: Our Take mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/16/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Matter of Time" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.